Journals
Back in my first year of High School, English teacher Mr. Stark asked us to always submit two pages of writing. It had to contain grammatically correct paragraphs, but could cover any number of topics. He said it was a way for us to overcome the fear of the blank page. Getting into the habit of writing and filling a page with that writing was important to him - a way to break through the 'writer's block' of young teenaged boys intimidated by a cool, but demanding English teacher.

He also used it to correct our grammar and spelling, because he'd give back the two-page journals to us with lots of red markings. Sly teacher, that Mr. Stark.

Anyway I decided to do the same on my blog, but I realized I needed something similar for my attempts at fiction writing, poetry, and other stuff. So I'm beginning another blog... I don't know the title yet, but it'll get me out of my habit of NOT writing.

I hope.

No comments: