Beyond the Isle
A thoroughly enjoyable romp through Dean Alfar's Isle! Roughly a third of the gaming time was spent learning about how things were on Isle, before a sudden change in the status quo. The next third of the game was about how our characters endured the aforementioned change, and the final third dealt with our characters learning our crafts...

Crafts. Ways of Magic.

Here's a word from my character, Zoilo Itash on the encountered crafts:
I hope to be a Baker/Tinker when I get back to Isle, assuming the murderous brothers who are "training" me don't kill me before I can get back. Truth be told, I'd rather be THE Tinker, rather than A Baker. Some crafts apparently allow for multiple craftsmen, while others only allow a unique bearer of the craft at a time. The unique ones I've heard of so far include... the Tinker, the Tailor, the Soldier, the Spy, the Rich Man, the Poor Man, the Beggarman, and the Thief.

I was sent here to be a Tinker, however. It seems that the Tinker is needed to set things right on Isle. To find out what has happened to the Widow and the Bastard and the Hollow. Perhaps we are meant to contact the Fabulist or the Lyric or even the Wanton when we return. Perhaps not.

It seems The Tinker is rubbing off on me, because I've become more comfortable improvising rather than planning.


Thanks again to Dean for running the game, and signifying interest in playing! Thanks to Nikki for contacting me to set the game up! And, thanks to both of them for patiently waiting at the Petron gas station near my place. Perhaps they can devise a better way of giving directions for other interested in trekking to the game at my place.

No comments: