Welcome back, Jack


"Cynosure. Sweet, cynical Cynosure. Where the dimensions meet... Guns work here, magic works there... swords work everywhere."

I first encountered Grimjack in the cluttered and grimy comics shop of Tibor. I started late in the series, but eventually managed to hunt down almost every last back issue of this series.

Grimjack was essentially an ex-soldier turned Private Investigator / Mercenary / Bodyguard. He had a code of ethics that he stuck to come hell or high water, and often found those principles tested in the back alleys and twisted intrigues that plagued Cynosure and all the dimensions touched by the Eternity Rail.

I remember John Gaunt known better as Grimjack. I remember his best friend Blackjacmac and regulars at Munden's Bar. I remember the tragedy of Rhian and the Demon Wars and magical, doomed Pdwyr. I remember Mama Joe Miller and her infamous medallion (Miller's Medallion). I remember the arch-villains: Dancer, the Hanged Man, and the demons... all those stories and more...

Now it's all finally coming back. After years and years of attempts, John Ostrander and Tim Truman's creation "GrimJack" will be making a comeback after finally securing the rights to the character they created. IDW Publishing announced that they'd be the new home of "GrimJack." The article can be found here.

No comments: