Techno-Integration and Water

I recently submitted an article concerning managing your electronic information, and I was thinking about how, at a certain point, I had both a Palm Pilot and a Cellphone that could use Infra-red to send addresses to each other. It resulted in a highly synchronized address book on my Palm Pilot.

Both those devices have long since perished. The cellphone did a face-down plop into a puddle of water. Corrosion set in within hours and my cellphone was dead. The Palm Pilot slowly perished, with its mysterious need to constantly HotSync draining my battery and rendering it unusable anyway... possibly caused by corrosion. I used to keep it in my pants pocket and it must have eventually succumbed to the humidity of this location.

Someday, I will have these integrated toys again... someday.

No comments: