Science Fiction & Spec Fic Sites

I've renewed my interest in writing over the past year, and I've been reading a lot more thanks to Dean's Lit Crit Nights, which have a short lecture and about four (4) stories that we now have to critique each week.

As I attempt to put together stories, my websurfing (ooh, is that term even current anymore?) takes me to a variety of places. Let me share some with you:

1. Phil Spec Fic Message Boards - an interesting site, though the traffic is currently limited to a few notables. Hopefully more conversations will spark interest, especially on the topic of writing or encouraging a local Spec Fic community.

2. Orion's Arm - a website for the the Orion's Arm world building community, it has a lot of resources for people attempting a hard science fiction story, but are hard-pressed to do all the research and relearning of science. It has a timeline, excellent details on travel, transhuman technologies, personalities and other aspects of the setting.

3. Grading Science Fiction for Realism - a webpage that lists criteria for grading Hard Science Fiction (Ultra Hard to Medium) and Soft Science Fiction (Soft to Mushy Soft).

No comments: