Chaosium & HERO & so on
I go to several gaming sites regularly.

HERO Games' site is one of them. I'm a fan of the system, though I do wish they'd fix the rather complex characteristics for the characters. I liked Fuzion's approach towards the characteristics, but not the watered-down version of the powers system that can replicated weapons, armor, psionic powers, magic, etc. And my new Champions books are in! Huzzah! Next comes the Science Fiction HERO stuff, then hopefully the Fantasy Hero stuff. Then I'm set for my HERO Shadowrun & Rifts games.

I also go to the Fading Suns' website occasionally to get news on the setting and the game. I really feel like this game is SO appropriate for the Philippines. It's almost depressing to look at this game and the political dimensions involved and say... "Hey, this is OUR political / social structure."

Chaosium has seen better days. Its site is now mostly selling its products. I'm still quite fond of several Chaosium products - Call of Cthulhu and Runequest (which they don't carry anymore, alas). I do have Stormbringer tho.

No comments: